To Learn More Contact
Only 48 San Juan on the market!
PACUYS - AYS would love to guide you through a personal showing of this 48' San Juan Downeast Express 2005. This yacht for sale is located in Redbank, New Jersey and priced at $799,000. For a showing please contact us by filling out the form on this page and we will get back to you shortly!
Detroit Diesel MTU Series 60
1400.00 HRS 825.00 HP
1400.00 HRS 825.00 HP
A broad deck with flexibly comfortable seating makes cruising and entertaining a natural aboard the San Juan 48. Ease through the tempered glass door into a private world of comfort and luxury that is simply elegant. Inside the cabin, a gracious dining table seats six in causal elegance. Satin teak greets captain, family, and friends at every turn. Refined materials and design continue below decks with a generous galley featuring an open-air view of the pilothouse. All spaces are fluidly and intuitively connected, and all are climate controlled with both heat and air conditioning. The two-stateroom berth two in queen size comfort, each with its own flat-panel video and audio entertainment system. Each also includes its own private head with exquisite glass shower.
An extensive list of systems and equipment one has come to expect as optional is included standard here. Everywhere you look, touch, or feel provides sensory overload. Every space, each fitting, texture and material aboard is as inviting to the eye as it is to the hand; the mahogany wheel of the hem; the faucet handle on the wet bar. The effortless rise of the aft seat exposes the shore boat. All the way to the fanatical manner in which every visible fastener aboard has been stopped in the same rotational position. There is nothing else quite like this on the water.
Boarding THANKS LANGE from the stern through a transom door you will find a large cockpit that was designed to allow ample room for sitting, dining, water sports, and sun bathing. The cockpit features a built-in transom seat that hinges forward and opens mechanically to reveal a tender garage. This in-transom garage allows for safe and secure storage of a dinghy and makes launching and retrieving a breeze. A hot and cold-water cockpit shower is also located on the transom. Forward of the transom bench seat in the cockpit are two large sun pads/lounges to both port and starboard. Removable hatches located beneath the seating or sun pad provide access to the engines for service and there is also a hydraulic day hatch for entry. The teak exterior sole is level from the transom all the way to the forward house bulkhead and the cockpit is separated from the salon and helm area by a clear panel bulkhead and clear door, tying these areas together even when closed up and allowing excellent rear visibility from the helm. On occasion and weather permits, the clear panels of the aft bulkhead can be removed allowing for easy pass-through from the salon’s large settee to port and the wet bar and cocktail prep area to starboard. The settee has a large custom made semi-circular high gloss teak table with Two Sea Horse inlays for dining. A hydraulic sunroof retracts in the hardtop providing an even greater open-air feel.
Moving below in the cabin a fully equipped galley is to port and a guest stateroom to starboard. The guest stateroom opens to the lower companionway with a wide pocket door and this area can be used as an additional seating area whit the bed converted to a settee, plus a custom stemware cabinet with Waterford stemware. At night the settee can be expanded to a queen berth with a pipe berth above for additional sleeping capacity. This stateroom has its own head with stall shower.
The master stateroom is forward featuring fine teak joinery with a hi-gloss finish throughout, solid framed doors, custom bookshelves, under-berth stowage and beautiful trim work that ties in the décor. A centerline queen berth provides a restful night after a day of cruising and playing on the main deck. The master head is large and features a second stall shower. All interior areas have close to seven feet of head room, top end appliances, craftsman like fit and finish, etc. There is also a washer and dryer conveniently located under hinged steps to the pilothouse.
• Euro Kera Force-10 3-burner stove, 120V
• Sharp Carousel convection microwave
• Norcold AC/DC ¾ size over/under refrigerator
San Juan used a straight drive inboard configuration that allowed for superior shaft angle, shallow draft (thanks to prop tunnels), over-size props and rudders. The result is phenomenal control in different sea states including following seas which is a problem for many competitors in this segment of the market. By keeping the props further apart (7’5” in between the shafts and rudders) San Juan also created cornering agility underway but also great leverage for maneuvering around the dock. This complimented by good site lines and a bow and stern thruster make close quarter operation very comfortable.
Steering is fingertip smooth due to the rotary-actuated hydraulics that also blocks rudder chatter at the helm and removes wheel creep in turns, as well as on straightaways. The rudder stocks are stabilized in gusty stainless-steel fabrications bolted into stainless steel plates that are laminated into massive foundations during the infusion process.
The engine compartment is lined with sound insulation to reduce noise levels and engine compartment hatches are gasketed to reduce noise levels as well.
• Detroit Diesel/MTU Series 60 engines with block heaters and electronic controls
• Racor fuel filters
• Aqualift custom designed exhaust system
• Automatic fire suppression system
• Oil exchange system
• 720-Gallon fully baffled aluminum fuel tank with a double fill for faster refueling
• 120-Gallon baffled stainless steel fresh water tank
• (3) Bulge alarm system with audible and visual alarms at helm
• ESI fuel polisher
• Side Power SP95 Ti bow thruster
• Built in the USA using American Bureau of shipping Rules as guidelines
• Machinery and equipment installed using the rules and regulations of the United
States Coast Guard and the American Boat and Yacht Council
• Simrad AP26 autopilot interfaced with plotters
• Furuno NAVNET VX2
• Furuno radar 6’ 6Kw open array radar
• VEI Marci 4 computer with Nobeltec and 15” touch screen display
• KVH SAT TV
• Independent Furuno depth with display
• Wireless keyboard for VEI
• Trim tab controls
• Tankwatch system
• MTU Multi-Purpose engine displays
• Northstar with remote speaker VHF with AIS
• Side-Power bow and stern thruster controls
• ACR spot light with remote at helm
• Engine room camera
• Teak rimmed stainless-steel steering wheel
• High gloss teak helm console
A traditional flared bow with fine entry and tumble home aft is complimented by the hydro-dynamically efficient underbody. The hull and deck were formed using Kevlar, E-Glass, and Corecell foam core composites that were vacuum infused with epoxy Vinylester resin to yield a strong lightweight structure with high glass to resin ratio. The core is removed and replaced with solid glass and extra laminations in areas of major penetrations and high stress. Watertight structural bulkheads separate the hull into separate the hull into separate zones with dedicated bilge pumps. Structural bulkheads are built using Corecell foam core with E-Glass skins infused with epoxy vinylester resin. There is a composite swim platform with teak inlay and molded rub rail with stainless striker. The hull is painted Sterling Dark Green with cove stripe. The house and deck are a Sterling off-white with a light tank non-skid. Cockpit and pilothouse sole are all laid teak decking.
• The entire structure of the boat is built using wood free composites
• Windlass with controls at helm
• Teak toe-rails with canvas covers
• Polished stainless-steel deck cleats
• Custom stainless-steel mooring line chocks
• Stainless steel deck fuel fills
• Stainless steel bow roller with anchor with chain rode
• Low profile deck hatches
• Stainless steel port lights
• Teak flagpole with stainless steel socket
• Teak handrails located on pilothouse roof and cabin top with canvas covers
• All exterior teak is bright finished with canvas covers
• Pilothouse windshield and side window glass is light gray tinted, ¼” bonded, tempered
glass with ceramic frits
• Non-tinted ¼” tempered glass is bonded into the “scallops” on the aft sides of the
• Hinged composite electronics mast folds down for low bridge clearance
• Sun screen material windshield covers
• Custom Bimini and full cockpit canvas cover
The transom hydraulically lifts to expose the tender garage with a 10’ rigid bottom tender with 5 hp outboard engine included. The boat is launched and retrieved via an electric carbon fiber davit that is stored in the garage area.
• Northern Lights 12 kW generator with 1400 hours
• 50-Amp shore power system
• 50-Amp shore power cord with Cablemaster
• 220V/110V AC system and breaker panel
• DC system and breaker panel
• House, generator, and starting batteries
• Voltmeter and ammeter
• All marine hardware in the hull is bonded
This listing is presented to you courtesy of a member of the International Yacht Brokers Association and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.