The Hinckley Talaria 40 sleeps two comfortably forward in the V-berth and includes a roomy head with separate shower and full Galley. This popular model has plenty of seating throughout the pilothouse and cockpit to satisfy a crowd. Her many amenities such as air conditioning and generator make for comfortable cruising and easy entertaining.
- Flag Blue Awlgrip Topsides
- Light Cream Gelcoat Cabin house and Deck
- Cream Single Bootstripe
- Green Bottom
Hinckley DualGuard®composite construction of the hull is Kevlar E-glass hybrid and balsa core, SCRIMPed with vinylester resin. Deck and cockpit are E-glass and balsa core, molded with polyester resin. The deck and cockpit sole have a molded-in nonskid pattern. All Forespar Marelon seacocks.
- Foredeck has a flush anchor locker with a pneumatic strut that holds open the anchor locker hatch.
- Hinckley folding stowaway stainless steel anchor roller
- Starboard mid-deck molded-in propane locker with drain
Swim Platform: Aft, the heavy-duty fiberglass swim platform has teak insert treads, stainless steel bracket and half round, and a stainless steel telescoping 3-step folding swim ladder.
- Rounded, tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile.
- Custom stainless steel toe rail cap at cleats.
- Varnished teak eyebrow molding around cabin top.
- Varnished teak hand rails on cabin and pilothouse top.
- Four (4) opening elliptical ports with screens on house sides.
- Hinckley pilothouse mast painted to match deck.
- (3) Low profile Lewmar opening aluminum hatches with Oceanair Skyscreens.
- Custom Hinckley 316L stainless steel bow chocks.
- Bow, stern and springline 316L SS mooring cleats.
- Wichard padeyes with chafe strips to hang fenders.
- Stainless steel half-round on fiberglass molded rub rail.
- Varnished teak cockpit coaming
- Cockpit sole has direct drainage scuppers
- Bimini: Hinckley designed 3-bow bimini in Ivory Stamoid.
Entry is via a teak side deck boarding step, and a cockpit boarding step platform, with fittings both port and starboard. Aft, the hinged transom door in molded frame is to starboard and opens outboard offering access to the cockpit or to the heavy-duty fiberglass swim platform.
- Center deck hatch for storage and systems service
Cockpit seating is available facing aft and is built into the port and starboard engine boxes that are topped with varnished teak and separate the cockpit from the pilothouse. These cushioned bottom and back seats have cushions finished in Dubloon Duet Captain Navy fabric. There are storage areas in each seat back, accessed through inboard facing teak louvered doors.
- The engine boxes are hinged and have electric lift systems to give easy access to the engines.
More Cockpit features:
- Courtesy step-light in pilothouse entry.
- Cockpit courtesy lighting under the side decks.
- Deck shower with cockpit spigot with a hot and cold mixing valve is near the transom door.
- Cockpit floodlight is mounted on the pilothouse top mast and is painted to match deck.
- Engine electric hatch lift control switches under gunwales forward, port and starboard.
- Fishing rod holder mounted on aft deck to starboard with drain and covers.
- Two transom access lockers provide serviceability to steering controls and relay units.
- 12-volt DC outlet mounted under port coaming.
- Chrome-plated scupper grates
- Varnished teak Pilothouse sides
- Varnished teak dash
- Two varnished teak handrails on Pilothouse overhead
The Pilothouse has:
- Five (5) glass windows, green tinted, (2) sliding side windows and three (3) fixed forward with heavy duty, self-parking, intermittent windshield wipers with fresh water washers.
- Ivory-colored interior window sun covers for all five Pilothouse windows.
- Insulated white overhead has two (2) forward acrylic opening hatches with Oceanair Skyscreens.
- Red night lights over helm and passenger area.
- Additional overhead illumination is by low-voltage halogen lights with a dimmer switch mounted on the inboard side of the dash. A separate circuit with dimmer switch for the light over helm is mounted on the dash.
- Two (2) JL Audio stereo speakers mounted in pilothouse aft overhead port and starboard of centerline.
- Two (2) varnished teak overhead handrails running fore and aft
- There is a teak locking companionway door.
- A varnished teak handrail is on the aft end of the pilothouse roof edge.
Ivory-color drop curtains with windows provide a fully enclosed pilothouse.
Forward are Stidd Helm and passenger seats with powder coated pedestals to match deck. Both seats finished in Ivory Ultraleather with Blue Heron piping and Pebble finish. The port seat has both height, and fore/aft adjustment, and footrest. The starboard Helm seat has same with addition of electric fore and aft adjustment. Both pedestals pivot to face aft settees. Stainless steel footrest at the helm is on the forward bulkhead.
Air conditioning: 28K BTU services pilothouse, galley, forward cabin and head.
Forward of the helm seat and below the shelf outboard is a varnished teak louvered door to a storage locker that also has access to some electrical and mechanical systems.
U-line SP18 icemaker mounted under helm seat.
Pilothouse aft has additional seating with two (2) curved settees, each with a varnished teak shelf rim outboard. Settees face inboard and forward and have back and bottom cushions covered in Ivory Ultraleather with Blue Heron piping. There is locker stowage beneath the port and starboard settees.
- A varnished teak table with a padded cover in front of port settee.
- Additional pilothouse stowage is accessed through the centerline hatch.
- JL Audio speakers both port and starboard
HELM STATION (Starboard):
Helm Station has a teak trim with carbon fiber face instrument pod with continuing teak shelf outboard and aft.
- Stainless steel 14” steering wheel with varnished wood rim,
- Hinckley JetStick® control
- Dual engine controls and gauges
- ACR Spotlight control remote pad
- Exalto windshield wiper control pad on dash
- Trim tab position indicators
- Garmin Autopilot control unit (new 2016)
- Remote mounted Horizon Ram Microphone
- Separate fuel gauges for each fuel tank
- 12VDC outlet
- Marineair digital control pad mounted
- Ignition key switches and emergency stop switches to starboard of helm seat
- Manuel override Jet drive bucket controls
- Bilge and engine alarm panel
Helm Electronics and Navigation Equipment:
- Garmin Autopilot with rate sensor. (new 2016)
- (2) Garmin GPS 7612 units at helm (new 2016)
- Garmin Color LCD Radar display (interfaced with GPS) with 4 kw open array and WAAS antenna painted to match deck.
- Standard Horizon Spectrum+ VHF radio (GX2350) with Loud Hailer.
- Raytheon ST-60 tri-data display with transducer; depth/speed combo.
- Danforth Constellation high-speed compass, varnished laminated binnacle mount.
- Fusion MS-IP700i iPod/AM/FM/Aux stereo. (new 2016)
- Aqua AV iPod/AV input control at helm. (new 2016)
- Samsung 15” flat screen TV in forepeak.
- JL Audio speakers both port and starboard in pilothouse and cabin
Entry is from the Pilothouse companionway on center, with a teak threshold and down the teak companionway steps. The lower step is top-opening for stowage with fire extinguisher mounted inside and the top-opening second step houses the master disconnect switches to the electrical systems.
The varnished teak companionway door has a louvered upper half with removable folding varnished teak hatch top.
The interior is finished in a satin-varnished cherry wood with soft, insulated white overhead with cherry trim. The cabin sole is varnished teak & tulipwood and has a custom cabin sole cover. All cabin locker doors are louvered with radius corners on the frames.
- (3) Opening overhead hatches with Oceanair Skyscreens
- (4) Opening ports below (including head and galley)
- Interior overhead lights and step lights
- Frigast stainless steel dimmable 12-volt lamps and dimmable recessed halogen lights in the overhead provide plenty of interior lighting
- Hella fans mounted on forward bulkhead outboard, port and starboard
- Marine Air reverse-cycle heat/air conditioning with outlets in the main cabin, head, and pilothouse.
From the Pilothouse, the interior layout includes a Galley and Head, both convenient to the Pilothouse, and a Sleeping Area:
- Galley - to starboard
- Head - to port
- Sleeping Accommodations – forward
Sleeps two forward in V-Berth:
- A Double Berth can be formed with the V-berth insert with cushion.
- Cushions are upholstered in Canvas Sunbrella fabric with Sapphire piping.
- Locker storage under the V-berth cushions.
- Varnished cherry locker storage outboard port and starboard above V-berths.
- Forward access to forepeak storage area that has a caged protected light.
- Two dome lights with dimmers.
- Two chrome Frigast 12-volt lights with dimmers are mounted on the aft bulkhead port. and starboard
- Two Hella fans
- Two JL Audio stereo speakers mounted in forward bulkhead
Aft of the V-berth:
To port, is a large cedar-lined hanging locker with fiddled shelf storage over. There is a cushioned seat in front of the hanging locker.
Starboard is another locker/pantry with a fiddled top and interior removable shelves, storage space and a light. This locker separates the forward sleeping area from the galley.
- There is a cabin Marineair heat/AC control.
Next aft of the V-berth locker to port is a private headwith a solid cherry door. The head counter is Corian Bisque with a white porcelain sink. Easy to clean molded fiberglass ceiling. The molded head sole has nonskid molded in with drain.
- Countertop has a porcelain sink with a fixed Grohe faucet
- Hot & cold pressure water.
Separate shower area with clear Plexi-glass folding doors has a custom handheld shower fixture and a “hands-free” mounting bracket. There is a teak seat and a storage locker outboard in the shower stall with a varnished louvered cherry door. There is a separate switched dome light.
- (2) Recessed 12-volt halogen lights
- Opening hatch overhead in shower with Oceanair Skyscreen
- Sealand Vacu-flush marine head is plumbed directly to the holding tank.
- Full-length mirror with solid frame on back of head door
- Stainless steel towel bar
- 110-volt GFI dual outlet
- Reverse-cycle AC/heat vent
- Chrome toilet paper holder is mounted inside the vanity louvered door
- Storage is provided in a lined locker above and outboard the countertop with sliding louvered cherry doors
- Varnished Cherry stained door locker under the vanity.
- Vanity mirror in locker above sink
- Tankwatch holding tank monitor panel
- Gloss varnished stained cherry woodwork with Corian Bisque countertop.
- Polished deep stainless steel sink with Grohe Faucet and sprayer and hot and cold pressure water.
- Electric Seaward 4 burner cook top.
- Microwave/convection oven under countertop.
Offset forward sink is integral top mounted in the Bisque countertop. Next to the sink is a countertop accessed waste bin. Next aft is the built-in 4-burner stove, microwave/convection oven underneath.. Three additional storage lockers with louvered cherry doors and a small fiddled shelf are over and outboard the stove. Dish and glass storage is built-in on the aft bulkhead. The refrigeration is top-accessed through the countertop aft.
There is stowage in the locker, outboard and under the sink and three drawers under the countertop just forward of the sink. A 12-volt light is mounted under the locker over the refrigeration and two halogen spotlights are over the galley area. The Generator control panel, the Inverter control panel, and fresh water tank gauge are also mounted in the aft bulkhead above the counter.
Galley amenities include:
- 110-volt GFI dual outlet, mounted on aft bulkhead
- Step light in galley
- Opening port
- Opening overhead hatch with Oceanair Skyscreen
- Low resistance, heavy copper and sacrificial zinc anode electrical bonding system.
- Custom Bass AC/DC electrical panel
12/24-volt DC electrical system:
- (2) Lifeline GPL-31 (95/amp hr) starting battery for each main engine and includes generator starting.
- (2) 12-volt DF-4D 210 amp/hr Service batteries for a total of 420-amps for house accessories
- 80-amp alternator on port engine charges start batteries
- 100-amp alternator on starboard engine charges house batteries
- (2) Lifeline House batteries
- Balmar Regulator
- Heavy-duty battery parallel switch also allows emergency starting
- 12-volt outlets
110/240-volt 50-amp AC electrical system:
- 240-volt AC shore power inlet, relay and shore power cord with Glendenning shore cord reel system
- 80-amp battery charger
- Statpower Prosine 2.5 shore power inverter
- 110-volt outlets
Panda 12-Kw generator with sound shield. (Approx. 240 hrs. – May 2018)
- 35-amp alternator on generator
- (3) Electric 3700 GPH 12-volt bilge pumps with float switches.
- Whale emergency bilge pump mounted below cabin sole.
- Saltwater deck wash with anchor locker spigot – Groco Series 60 pump.
- Cockpit shower with mixing valve.
- In-line 12-volt automatic shower sump pump.
- Fireboy-Xintex automatic fire system Flexible engine mounts
- Engine room sound insulation with lead lined foam
- Forced air engine room blower
- Engine boxes have double gaskets
- 110-volt GFI protected outlet in engine room
Twin (2) 2003 Yanmar 6LY2-STP 440-HP FWC diesel engines with Hamilton 322 Jet Drive, ZF IRM301PL transmission and Vetus 24-volt 7” reversible bow thruster.
- Teak-rimmed stainless steering wheel with Mathers controls.
- Hinckley JetStick® Gen3 control system is integrated with the bow thruster.
- Dual-cylinder trim tab is below each jet with controls and displays at helm.
- Tachometer with digital engine hours gauge.
- Fuel, oil pressure, and water temperature gauges (Separate fuel gauges for each tank).
- High engine water temperature alarm.
- Low oil pressure alarm.
- Water jet nozzle direction steering indicator.
- Custom wet exhaust muffler system.
- Oil transfer pump for engine and transmission.
- Manual hydraulic steering pump
- (2) 2.5# Dry chemical fire extinguishers
- (3) Aluminum fuel tanks with transfer pump – (1) 190-gallon and (2) 80-gallon saddle tanks
- Stainless steel 10-gallon hot water heater – engine or electrically heated
- Aluminum 35-gallon holding tank with Y-valve and macerator pump to overboard discharge.
Marineair 28,000 BTU reverse-cycle marine air conditioning with outlets in main cabin, head and pilothouse.
- Stern mounted 4 ft. varnished teak ensign pole & socket
- Dock lines
- (4) Freedom Fenders with sliced on Wichard clips
- Cockpit shower/water outlet with hot & cold mixing valve
- Life jackets
- Glendenning powered shore cord reel system for 50-amp shore cord
- 12-volt trumpet air horn with switch on dash
- Masthead and running lights
- ACR Spotlight - Pilothouse rooftop forward mounted with helm mounted electric remote control
- GPS/DGPS antenna and radar painted to match deck
- Loud Hailer horn painted to match deck
- Shakespeare stainless steel whip antenna, mast mounted
Muir electric windlass pkg:
- Flush foredeck anchor locker houses a Muir 1200A 24-volt DC electric windlass with polished stainless steel 22# anchor + 25” stainless steel chain + 200’ x 5/8” anchor rode and stainless steel bow roller. The windlass can be operated from the helm station or a handheld remote at anchor locker. Saltwater deckwash with spigot in anchor locker.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. This listing is a courtesy of a member of the International Yacht Brokers Association and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey representation of a particular vessel.